Re: Nesting paper blocks

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: Nesting paper blocks
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 14:29:48 -0700

Just so I am clear, you don't want to do something like this:

\version "2.20.0"

paperGlobal = \paper {
  indent = 0
}

paperGlobalLine = \paper {
  \paperGlobal
  line-width = 10 \cm
}

paperGlobalLineCategory = \paper {
  paperGlobalLine
  system-system-spacing.basic-distance = 30
}

\paper {
  \paperGlobalLineCategory
}

\relative c' {
  c1 \break
  c1
}

---
Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 10:44 AM Peter Crighton <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello all,

I have my paper variables split up across separate files. Depending on the project I am working on, I need to include several of them. paperGlobal is always included, paperSize depends on the paper size I want to produce, and paperCategory depends on what type of project I am working on. I can use paperGlobal from inside paperSizeX, but to allow for flexibility it is not possible (or at least desirable) to nest them further and use paperSizeX inside of paperCategoryX.
See the commented line below for what I am trying to achieve, which is not possible. Is there any way to inject the content of a variable directly into the paper block like I am trying to do there?

\version "2.20.0"

paperGlobal = \paper {
  indent = 0
}

paperSizeOne = \paper {
  \paperGlobal
  line-width = 10 \cm
}

paperCategoryThree = \paper {
  system-system-spacing.basic-distance = 30
}

\paper {
  \paperSizeOne
  % \paperCategoryThree
}

\relative c' {
  c1 \break
  c1
}

Thanks,
Peter

--
Peter Crighton | Musician & Music Engraver based in Mainz, Germany
http://www.petercrighton.de