Confused newbie

From: Robert Bell
Subject: Confused newbie
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 16:20:55 -0700

Hello all,

Total newbie here, so I apologize if I am posting this to an incorrect correct place.

I just downloaded the 2.20 version, trying to run it on an old iMac using OS 10.5.  While I get the initial “Successfully installed” window/file,  when trying to compile after saving I get a “Fatal error: Unknown relocation error” message.   I even tried a ‘tiny example’  (the four note {c4 e g e } example off the site) but get the same message.  There may be  pertinent information concerning this type of problem somewhere in various lists and logs, but I am too illiterate to find it.

Any help would appreciated, and feel free to throw in a few slanderous comments.

Robert Bell