Re: Exited with return code -1073741819

From: Samuel Burt
Subject: Re: Exited with return code -1073741819
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 12:52:19 -0400

Just wanted to reply so that anyone searching will have some idea of how to approach this problem.

I couldn't figure out how to get MSYS, which I already had installed, to install Lilypond, so I installed Ubuntu for Windows. Lilypond was fairly easy to install from the Lilypond website. Frescobaldi was more difficult. I couldn't imagine a way to get the Windows version of Frescobaldi to use the Ubuntu version of Lilypond for rendering. I installed Frescobaldi in Ubuntu, next. What I eventually discovered was that I needed to install an X server in Windows that Ubuntu could use. I didn't install it through Ubuntu. Instead, I downloaded Xming Server. https://sourceforge.net/projects/xming/ It works like a charm.

If I want to get MIDI playback in Frescobaldi, I'll have to do more work. One can always locate the folder where the files are generated and open the MIDI file in a Windows program.

Sam

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 3:30 AM Michael Gerdau <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Samuel,

> Thanks for the reply. Do you use a package manager (like pacman in msys) or
> do you install from source?

The Linux Subsystem I install via MS Store - I prefer Debian but Ubuntu or any other should be fine too. You can install several of these in parallel.

For installing LP I just grab the shar from the LP website and install it locally in a shell of the Linux Subsystem and fine. Possibly amend PATH and of course also add whatever further fonts you wish to use, but all in all nothing fancy. I think you can even call the lxss version from inside Frescobaldi though of the top of my head I'm not sure about the details. There was a thread on this list that should be in the archives though.

Kind regards,
Michael
--
Michael Gerdau email: address@hidden