Re: Unicode code points

From: Freeman Gilmore
Subject: Re: Unicode code points
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 19:09:43 -0500

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 1:46 PM David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Freeman Gilmore <address@hidden> writes:

> What is the name of the file that converts the glyph accidental names used
> in the makam.ly to Unicode code points?

I don't think we are working with Unicode code points in our output and
fonts.  At some point of time it might be interesting to employ the code
points for input, like mapping \𝄞 to \clef "violin" or so.
Well you think correctly, i have been searching, Looks .    From Contributor's Gide:  LilyPond Contributor's Guide: 13.1 Overview of the Emmentaler font  In LilyPond, glyphs are accessed by a ‘glyph name’, rather than by code point. Therefore, the name of a glyph is significant.
Thank you, ƒg

Or making "𝄞" an alias to "violin", so that you can write \clef 𝄞 for
getting a violin clef.

But font code points are not really Unicode I think.

--
David Kastrup