Re: Set the position(s) of a SustainPedal spanned in multiple staves

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Set the position(s) of a SustainPedal spanned in multiple staves
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 12:59:44 -0800

On 2020-02-25 12:20 pm, Paolo Prete wrote:
If the same SustainPedal belongs to more than one staff, how can I override
its position only for a chosen staff? For example:

 {
   \set Staff.pedalSustainStyle = #'mixed
   c'2\sustainOn c'
   c'1 \break
   % DOESN'T WORK (I'm trying to override Y-offset only for the second
staff)
   \override Staff.SustainPedalLineSpanner.Y-offset = #'-16
   c'2 c'\sustainOff
   c'1
}

This is usually where \alterBroken comes into play. It works with anything that is a Spanner, allowing you to specify the desired value for each segment.

%%%%
{
  \set Staff.pedalSustainStyle = #'mixed
  \alterBroken Y-offset #'(0 -16) Staff.SustainPedalLineSpanner
  c'2\sustainOn c'
  c'1 \break
  c'2 c'\sustainOff
  c'1