Re: How can I shorten the space for a final single note

From: Robert Blackstone
Subject: Re: How can I shorten the space for a final single note
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 13:25:36 +0100

Hi Pierre,

Thanks. This does work for me but it comes at a cost: Lilypond apparently does not want to waste the space that results from shrinking the space for the breve and that results in a number of empty bars between the breve and \bar “|.”.
 I tried to remove them by adding  \layout {\ RemoveEmptyBars} but that does nothing at all.
The best result I got this far is by separating the two horizontally connected scores and combine them in one “piece”.
I almost get what I want but for two empty staves that I cannot hide or delete with LilyPond tools. They can probably be erased from the .pdf.

I have attached a picture of  “original” and what I have made of it in case you are curious what it is all about.

Best regards,
Robert