Re: Partcombine without slurs or ties?

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re: Partcombine without slurs or ties?
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 17:56:59 +0000

Hi Richard,

It looks like whatever way partcombine creates voices is not
preserving your overrides. At a guess, I'd say it combines the first
bar in both parts into a single voice (including your overrides), then
when it needs to split for the second bar, it creates two voices that
no longer include the overrides. So the overrides are applied up to
the point where the voices split (i.e. just the first bar). I suppose
it could be considered a bug, but I think merging overrides from
different voices is probably a difficult problem to solve for
partcombine (that is, if I'm right about the cause).

As a workaround, I think your options are:
a) don't use partcombine - it's handy but you lose some control over
the output (this would be my choice)
b) either use tweaks for each case where you need to hide the
slurs/ties, or put something in \layout if you want none of them to
show.

Best wishes,
Kevin

As a w