Re: Clef "treble_8"

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Clef "treble_8"
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 12:29:18 +0100

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

>> thank you for your positive reaction. There are 3 files¹:
>>
>> - a cheat sheet: https://joramberger.de/files/lilypond_sheet_2.18_en.pdf
>> - “visual index”: https://joramberger.de/files/lilypond_visualindex.pdf
>> - spacing overview: https://joramberger.de/files/LilypondSpacing.pdf
>
> All of them are *very* helpful!
>
>> I once tried to get them in an appropriate place in the official
>> documentation.  But they were not accepted.  For the cheat sheet,
>> main objections were:
>>
>> - not source code (even though SVG is an open and text based format)

Is there a source?  Or is it hand-written SVG?  If we are trying to
follow the spirit of the GPL, source is defined as "preferred form for
modification".  For a cobbled-together version, that is tricky to
define, but we would not want to make it harder than necessary to come
up with updated versions.

>> - needs updates for new versions (well, those basic things did not
>>   change for at least 7 years now and even if they did…)
>> - does not fit into the texinfo documentation creation process (ok)
>
> Maybe this can be re-evaluated...  An alternative is to add links to
> to the documentation.

Or from the web page, but then people might have a harder time finding
it.  We have some diagrams with arrows in our web presence if I am not
mistaken.  They must have been created in some kind of manner.  Of
course something fitting well into the Texinfo creation process would be
nice since we have a lot of output formats for our documentation.

--
David Kastrup