Re: Scheme Book

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Scheme Book
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 16:53:08 -0800

On 2020-01-31 11:57 am, Urs Liska wrote:
https://scheme-book.ursliska.de

My apologies for hijacking this thread.

Two things:

1) Is it possible to auto-generate (ideal) or manually maintain (not ideal) a page linked from the contributing section regarding the sections of the book that are incomplete? For instance, "list recursion" has no content currently. But you would not know that unless you drill down into that section, which in this new styling requires a fair number of mouse clicks. I sometimes have spare cycles where I could help flesh out this book, but at the face of it, I would not immediately know where to look. A one-page index listing where work is needed would be great.

2) Since some pages are entirely blank, it can be difficult to contribute as title alone may not fully indicate the intended purpose of a section. Using the example above, should "list recursion" be talking about nesting lists within lists and common strategies for this structure (c.f. member vs member*) or is there something else to discuss? Including a short one-liner description of what to expect would be helpful.

-- Aaron Hill