Re: partcombine & killCues

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: partcombine & killCues
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 20:00:40 -0800

On 2020-01-23 7:37 pm, Michael Seifert wrote:
        However, I can’t seem to get killCues to work correctly in
combination with partcombine.  It creates stray notation below the
system in the full score, which is both unsightly and causes the
systems in the full score to be over-compressed.   An optimal solution
would also get rid of the “Bsn.” notation above each staff, but I
think I can figure that out with tags & such (or live with it if I
can’t.)  It’s really just the stray notation that’s a problem.

The stray notation appears to stem from your use of \new CueVoice.

Consider something like this:

%%%%
\version "2.18.2"

\time 4/4

bassoonnotes =
{ \clef tenor
  \relative c' {R1 r2 g'8 f8 e8 d8 c1 } }

fluteInotes =
{    \relative c' {
R1
\tag #'cueName <>_\markup \tiny \italic "Bsn."
\cueDuring #"bassoon" #DOWN { R1}
e'4 f4 g4 a4

fluteIInotes =
{    \relative c' {
R1
\tag #'cueName <>_\markup \tiny \italic "Bsn."
\cueDuring #"bassoon" #DOWN
{R1}
c'4 d4 e4 f4

\addQuote "bassoon" { \bassoonnotes}

\new Staff{
\fluteInotes
}

\new Staff{
\fluteIInotes
}

\new Staff{
\bassoonnotes
}

\new StaffGroup
<<
\new Staff = "Staff_flutes"
{
\set Staff.instrumentName = \markup{ "Flutes" }
<< \removeWithTag #'(cueName) \killCues \partcombine \fluteInotes \fluteIInotes >>
}

\new Staff = "Staff_bassoons"
{
\set Staff.instrumentName = \markup{ "Bassoon" }
 \bassoonnotes
}

%%%%

-- Aaron Hill