Re: \offset Y-offset

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Re: \offset Y-offset
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 14:35:23 +0100

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 10:30 AM Aaron Hill <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2020-01-19 7:15 am, Paolo Prete wrote:
> I'm looking at your code and I don't understand what is it intended to
> do.
> You write: "% Test with bracket that is positioned by Y-offset."
> but from what I see, the bracket is positioned by both
> outside-staff-padding and y-offset inside \shiftOttavaBracket.
> What do you mean, then?
> In addition, please can you write at the beginning of the snippet what
> you
> are going to demonstrate? IIUC, what you are going to demonstrate is
> something that depends on the result of another snippet. Please, can
> you
> put all in the same example? Otherwise all becomes too hard to be
> understood/used.

It seems that email might not be the best medium of communication for
this.  I am taking a page out of Knuth's handbook with something akin to
literate programming.  Lacking a suitable TeX environment that works
with LilyPond, I chose to do everything in a monolithic LY file.

May you find attached a compiled PDF with its LY source file.

Excellent job!
I have to meditate about it before answering. I'll let you know ASAP.

Best,