Re: Instructions to install lilypond onto Raspberry Pi

From: John Burt
Subject: Re: Instructions to install lilypond onto Raspberry Pi
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 08:19:00 -0700 (MST)

I downloaded the deb-file for lilypond from
http://partitura.org/index.php/lilypond/. It installed smoothly. But I had
trouble getting it to run because of the required dependency on guile 1.8 (I
have guile 2 something). I followed the instructions on the partitura page
for downloading guile 1.8, but when I update my apt program it tells me that
the apt archive for jessie is no longer available. Is there another way that
you know of to install guile 1.8?

I also downloaded the source for lilypond to see whether I could compile it.
But I'm new at that. Do you have an idea how hard it would be for me to
modify the lilypond sources so that they would work with the guile I have?
Thanks!