Re: Distance of a grob from its reference point

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: Distance of a grob from its reference point
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 11:44:56 +0100

Dear Paolo,

> Yes, but, it's necessary too to add a *warning* on the Lilypond output.
> This is much more clear for the user than the documentation.

while you correctly point out that \offset sometimes leads to
random/unpredicted values it quite often gives the expected result.
At least for me.

FWIW: Prior to reading this thread I wasn't even aware, that \offset
might not do what I want in all situations. I use it occasionally and
like it - works for me.

Claiming it is completely broken seems way over the top to me.

<disclaimer>
No offence intended
</disclaimer>
Reading your posts on this topic has given me the impression that you
had a view on how things would/should work inside LP and are now
struggling with the revelation that at least \offset isn't as
deterministic as you expected it to be.

Of course this impression may be totally wrong.

Kind regards,
Michael
--
 Michael Gerdau       email: address@hidden