Re: Shift up OttavaBracket

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Shift up OttavaBracket
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 14:28:56 -0500

Hi David,

> I don't see the solution in creating a larger set of commands
> that work in some circumstances.

Agreed, so as long as we don’t in fact need/want two functions (e.g., \offset
and \reposition) that are *expected* to work differently (e.g., one takes
intermediate grobs into account and the other doesn’t, or some such thing).

I can’t see why we would… but then again I have neither perfect vision of all
possible uses for this kind of function, nor perfect understanding of the
implementation details/differences.

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)