fill-line for specified width?

From: David Stephen Grant
Subject: fill-line for specified width?
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 23:39:13 +0100

Hi all,

Is there a markup command that works like fill-line, but for any specified width?

If not:
I've copied and modified fill-line to take a width argument, but it calls justify-line-helper in define-markup-commands.scm (which in turn calls get-fill-space), and these functions aren't visible in my .ly file (Unbound variable: justify-line-helper). Can these helper functions be called somehow? For now I've just copied them also into my .ly file, which I would of course rather avoid.

#(define-markup-command (fill-width layout props width args)
   (number? markup-list?)
   #:category align
   #:properties ((text-direction RIGHT)
                 (word-space 0.6))
   (justify-line-helper
     layout props args text-direction word-space width #f) )

I'm using fill-width to position player numbers sensibly in staff labels looking up the width of the indent, but perhaps there is some existing functionality I've overlooked.

Thanks!

David