Re: A visible stencil for a NoteColumn grob

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: A visible stencil for a NoteColumn grob
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 01:53:03 +0100

Am Mo., 30. Dez. 2019 um 00:45 Uhr schrieb Paolo Prete <address@hidden>:

> Hello.
>
> 1) How can  I associate a stencil to a NoteColumn grob?
> I would like to show a vertical line in correspondence of it, but it seems
> that
>
> \override NoteColumn.stencil ... has no effect.

{
  \override NoteColumn.stencil =
  #(lambda (grob)
    (grob-interpret-markup grob "foo"))
  b4
}

works for me.
Whether it's a good idea to do so, is a different question...

> 2) is it possible to associate an output-attributes list to the NoteColumn
> grob, as well (so that it appears on the corresponding svg tag)?
> I don't mean a property of the NoteHead, or Stem etc.: I mean a property of
> the NoteColumn (invisible) grob

At least the following works for me as well

{
  \override NoteColumn.output-attributes = #'(xy)
  \override NoteColumn.after-line-breaking =
  #(lambda (grob)
    (write (ly:grob-property grob 'output-attributes)))
  b4
}

not tested with svg, though.

HTH,