Re: Quoted text in markup line

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Quoted text in markup line
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 18:55:28 +0100

Please do _not_ reply to other posts when creating a new topic.  Your
mail client creates headers associating that mail with the thread which
you replied to, making a mess of the thread display for most people.

Mike Kilmer <address@hidden> writes:

> Not finding an example in the docs
> <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/writing-text>.
>
> Can someone tell me how to include “quoted text” in `\markup { \line { \”like
> this\”? }}`?
>
> \version "2.18.2"
>
> \header {
>       title = "Quotes in Markup Line"
> }
>

> \markup {
>     \column {
>         \line { \null }
>         \line { Single quotes are easy, like 'this'. }
>         \line { I want double quotes. }
>         \line { This creates no "quotes". }
>               \line { This doesn't \"Work\".  }
>               \line { Neither does `"this`".  }
>               \line { This makes a ‘“little mess'".  }
>     }
> }
>
> Thanks much. Happy Holidays. The days are getting lighter.

\line { This does "\"work\"." }

Bit of a nuisance, but within double quotes, \" creates a double quote mark.

--
David Kastrup