Re: Output file extension

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: Output file extension
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2019 10:19:43 +0100

Am 23.12.19 um 03:31 schrieb Paolo Prete:
is it possible, in some way (without an external script) to override the extension for the output file?

I need that output.svg is renamed as output.html

Yes, that’s possible. The extension .svg as well as .preview.svg, .cropped.svg and -[number].svg are hardcoded in the file scm/framework-svg.scm. You can change them directly in that file if you want to have this change for everything you do with LilyPond.

If you want the change only for one project, you’d have to redefine output-framework & Co. in your LilyPond input file. I tried that (inside \book and on toplevel) but without success, it seems like it’s “too late” for redefinition. But maybe there is a possibility to make it work that I don’t know of (might have something to do with Scheme modules or including init files after the redefinition?).