Request for a cross-staff easy function

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Request for a cross-staff easy function
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2019 16:12:48 +0100

Hi all,

I think this function would be very useful for solving the limitations of the current cross-staff interface:

crossStaffExpr =  #(define-music-function (parser location staffUpMusic  staffDownMusic beamPosition) (ly:music? ly:music? number?) .....

Example:

\crossStaffExpr =  {  c '[   d'    g'   s    }
                             {  s      s     f '   a']  } # 'BeamUp

(the third parameter can be: BeamUp, BeamDown, or BeamBetween, where BeamBetween places the beam between the two staves; BeamBetween can only be used if there are no cross-staff chords)

I ask you if there are any generous volunteers who want to implement it, in case it requires not so many lines of code.
in case it requires many lines of code, is it worth opening a ticket in the dev ml?

Thanks in advance