Re: Poster for music engraving conference

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Poster for music engraving conference
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 18:33:13 +0100

Am 06.12.19 um 07:30 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:
[...] I'll let you know if I think of anything else.
Great suggestions, from you and all other contributors!

I wish I could help a little more directly, but I'm in the middle of
a few very busy weeks.  I would like to be involved in some way next
year.
Well, we need all posters approximately one week before the conference
starts so that they can be plotted in time.  In other words, we need
something until Jan 9th, which gives us more than a month.

I think that using lyluatex might be a good option.  The main
question, however, is which poster class we should use.  Some ideas
can be found at

   https://www.latextemplates.com/cat/conference-posters   ;

another possibility could be

   http://www.brian-amberg.de/uni/poster   .

Urs, could you set up a git repository for a LilyPond poster?

I'm right now doing this initially.
I can set up a document class based on a template and check that lyluatex works.

I went for this template https://www.latextemplates.com/template/a0poster-landscape-poster because I think if the content is about a visual thing the medium should be not be a distraction. Also, it gives us plenty of room to organize content, and I think the header section is pretty practical for our purposes.

Right now I'm claiming the right to decide by means of being the one who *does* it, but that doesn't mean it is carved in stone. However, stripping the content from these sample templates does require some work, so we shouldn't to that too often.

Whoever wants to participate may either open a pull request or email me personally their Github user names.

One thing to state in advance: In this case not only the printed poster is part of the exhibition but also the code repository, so the code should be exemplary.

Best
Urs

     Werner