Re: Availability of music notation font in LibreOffice (Malte Meyn)

From: Peter Toye
Subject: Re: Availability of music notation font in LibreOffice (Malte Meyn)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 11:58:14 +0000

-------------------------
Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 2:36:16 PM,

address@hidden>
address@hidden
> Subject: Re: Availability of music notation font in LibreOffice

> Am 26.11.19 um 12:45 schrieb Peter Toye:
>> I want to write some editorial notes which will be mostly free-form test
>> but will include some musical symbols (dynamics, notes). A word
>> processor (I use Libre office) is easiest for the text, but how do I
>> include the musical symbols? Is the Feta font available to use - it
>> doesn't appear in my Windows font list?

> You could try “Bravura Text”. It has the same
> symbols as the notation
> font “Bravura” but with metrics suitable for
> including symbols in text.
Sorry for the late reply - I didn't see it as I wasn't on the recipients list!

Bravura sounds like a good idea, except that I'm trying to work out how to get it. It seems that I have to download something (but the readme file doesn't exactly say what) from github and then install it using a proprietary installer which I've had to search for. Not very good marketing here!

I may try to use \markuplist instead, but that raises further issues - for another mailing list request for help.

Thanks for the help.

Peter