Re: tie & tag

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: Re: tie & tag
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 21:49:02 +0100

On Fri, 22 Nov 2019 at 18:53, Aaron Hill <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2019-11-22 7:49 am, Gianmaria Lari wrote:
> I tried (again) with PushToTag with no success. And I don't understand
> why
> it doesn't work. Here it is the code:

\pushToTag and \appendToTag only work on things that have an elements
property.  So that means this _expression_ is valid but useless:

     \pushToTag #'here c' \tag #'here g'

Instead, consider the following variations:

%%%%
\version "2.19.83"
\pushToTag #'here c' \tag #'here { g' }
\pushToTag #'here c' \tag #'here < g' >
\pushToTag #'here c' \tag #'here << g' >>
%%%%

Your code surprise me, so probably I didn't understand how tag do work.
I thought that this
\pushToTag #'here c' \tag #'here { g' }

would be 'converted' to
c' { g' }

that is not a compound music _expression_ and then should not be compiled. So if I had write that line of code I would instead wrote:
\pushToTag #'here c' { \tag #'here g' }

I would say the same thing about the other lines of your code that I would write like this:
\pushToTag #'here c' < \tag #'here g' >
\pushToTag #'here c' << \tag #'here g' >>

Of course I tried your code and works perfectly while my variation doesn't.

Could you please give me some hints?

I will discuss the rest of your mail later after I have studied it.
Thank you, g.