Re: Critical-edition-style footnotes

From: Vaughan McAlley
Subject: Re: Critical-edition-style footnotes
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 15:18:26 +1100

On Sun, 17 Nov 2019, 10:25 Stacy Fatemi <address@hidden> wrote:
Hey all,

I’ve been wanting to add footnotes to a score that include miniature-sized scores like in this critical edition of Pictures at an Exhibition. I know \score can be contained within \markup and I know EPS files can be embedded, but what’s the simplest solution? How do you get something elegantly spaced like in the attached picture? Thank you!

Hi Stacy,

For the first footnote, you would make the footnote text something like:

\markup \left-column {
  \circle f
  \hspace #1
  \wordwrap { blah blah }