Re: In other news ...

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: In other news ...
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 21:49:14 +0100

Am 12.11.19 um 20:00 schrieb address@hidden:
On 11/12, Urs Liska wrote:
... may I for once engage in some self-advertisment and point you to this
post:
http://lilypondblog.org/2019/11/leopold-mozart-violin-school-1-the-project/
?
This looks terrific, Urs!  Congratulations.

Thanks!

Out of curiosity, is your
git repository for this project publicly available anywhere?  I would be
interested to see how you structured and organized your work.

No, not yet. Currently everything is in a private Github repository of the Digital Mozart Edition. There are two directories ("library" and "toolbox") which I indend to move to a separate repository and make that publicly available. From everything we discussed I assume that'll be OK but I want to wait for the official confirmation before doing something stupid. The next post (which is halfway written) will talk about the LilyPond side of the infrastructure and (hopefully) link to that new repository.

I expect the content to be made public too eventually. But that will have to wait until two planned editions will (soon) be finished, music examples Leopold Mozart inserted in letters, and the second edition of the violin school. After that the repository will have to be tidied-up before opening it up.

But you can already see the bare contents (encoding) of the music examples (I got that wrong when writing the post and will have to correct that). At the bottom of the left hand navigation column is a button "XML Download" which will download the XML for the whole thing. In my browser I had to do "view page source" to see it in a structured tree. Once you're there you can search for "lilypond" and see the included LilyPond code snippets. When trying this out I noticed that obviously there has been some quoting issue when importing the snippets into the main file, but you *can* see the bare LilyPond code that had been used to produce the images (note that this is not "live" in any way).

Urs

Mason