Re: m7.5- transposed to sus#4 b3 ??

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: m7.5- transposed to sus#4 b3 ??
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 09:56:15 +0100

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 10:08:07PM +0100, Thomas Morley wrote:
> Am Mo., 11. Nov. 2019 um 21:38 Uhr schrieb Sandro Santilli <address@hidden>:
> >
> > I transcribed an A major song with this chords snippet:
> >
> >   ees:m7.5- | aes:7 | aes:m7.5- | des:7 |
> >
> > When transposing it to Eb major it is rendered as:
> >
> >   Bbbø | Ebb7 | Ebb7sus#4 b3 | Abb7

> If you transpose the note eeses down an augmented 4th the note beseses
> results.

I did not transpose eeses, but ees.

> If you let the chords display in \new Staff you get a warning:
> 2.18.2:
> warning: Transposing eeses'' by ges makes alteration larger than double

Indeed I do get that warning, but I was not transposing eeses ??
Where does 'eeses' come from ?

> To circumvent, you could do \transpose a dis instead.

Yup, this one fixes the warning and the weird rendering.
Still uses double-alterations (double-sharps) but that's a
separate issue (does lilypond have any support to automatically
simpmlify those notes and/or chords?).

> Though, tbh I doubt chords based on ees, aes, des _in_ a-major are
> correct at all.
> Probably some modulation/key-change before? Or copy from a weird source?

It's "The Shadow Of Your Smile" from the Real Book. I'm not sure
what's going on there, harmonically.

--strk;