Re: harmonyli.ly beta 0.90.1 released

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: harmonyli.ly beta 0.90.1 released
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2019 22:20:52 -0800

On 2019-11-09 10:12 pm, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
I have just published the beta release (0.90.1) of the library
'harmonyli.ly': https://github.com/kreincke/harmonyli.ly It is a
library for integrating Functional Harmony Analyse Symbols into a
music score as it is used by musicologists.

This looks very nice, thanks!

The only thing I wonder is whether in something like (D) the big
horizontal space between `(' and `D' is necessary...

Looks like the parentheses are trying to be equidistant from the 'D'. The superscript '7' is taking up space on the right side, so blank space on the left is added.

I am unfamiliar with this form of analysis, so I don't know why the parentheses are important in the first place. However, if there might be left-side scripts as well, that could potentially justify leaving space.

-- Aaron Hill