Re: Blackend ligatures in mensural notation

From: Christian Masser
Subject: Re: Blackend ligatures in mensural notation
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 21:59:32 +0100

Thank you, Karl!
I kind of like this workaround... feels a little bit like good old handwriting.

Best regards
Christian

Am Mi., 6. Nov. 2019 um 21:21 Uhr schrieb <address@hidden>:
Christian:
> I was wondering if it is possible to blacken single notes in ligatures in
> white mensural notation - having the meaning of shorten the note length to
> 3/4 of its value. I need this for an incipit in the following example:

 Here is an old example:
http://aspodata.se/noter/victoria/o_quam_gloriosum/motet/all.pdf
http://aspodata.se/git/musik/TomasLuisdeVictoria/o_quam_gloriosum/motet/

See page 7, mid second system, bassus, at "agnum", in the pdf.
Line 61-63 in a.ly

Hopefully there is better ways to do it today.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar