Re: Graphic lines create

From: Ben
Subject: Re: Graphic lines create
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 12:00:00 -0500

On 11/5/2019 12:08 PM, Reggie wrote:
Karl Hammar wrote
Reggie:
Andrew thank you for the vibrato but you say it's able to create close to
my
image? How would I learn which code to change for that to happen? I
probably
need to draw curves free as I move forward but I need SVG output so I
guess
I'm out off luck. In Sibelius it's quite easy to draw lines and curves
with
ease but not LilyPond? How would you attempt this type of graphic with
SVG
possible? Do I need to use a graphic  program and create image and then
insert into measures on top of staff? Trial and error would take so long
though back and forth :(
To just do something curvy, do something like:

zz = \markup\postscript "0 1 360 5 mul { cos 0.01 mul 0.002 add .01 exch
rlineto } for stroke"

\relative c'' {
  c4^\zz c c c |
  c c c c |
}

there is also a \markup\path command that possible could be useful
since you want svg output.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

a.pdf (51K)
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/attachment/225060/0/a.pdf>
Karl this looks outstanding but I don't understand how the code works. Is
there a manual page for curves postscript code? Can you tell how you arrived
at the code? I'm totally unable to see anything.

0 1 360 5 mul { cos 0.01 mul 0.002 add .01 exch rlineto }

This page is very helpful, although it can be overwhelming if you're brand new to this sort of thing.

http://paulbourke.net/dataformats/postscript/