Re: Centering wordwrap-lines text?

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Centering wordwrap-lines text?
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 09:42:57 -0800

On 2019-11-04 9:18 am, Solomon Foster wrote:
Hi all,

Next problem to tackle for my tunebook project is one which seems simple
and small but has utterly stumped me.  If I've got a block of text,
something like this:

\markuplist {
    \wordwrap-lines {
        Composed while playing the fiddle on board an airplane.

How do I center the text under the tune? (The text may be long enough that
wordwrap is actually needed, BTW.)

My few attempts at this that seem to have correct syntax seem to center it
on the edge of the page or something weird like that.

%%%%
\version "2.19.83"

\markup \fill-line {
  \center-column \override #'(line-width . 50) \wordwrap-lines
  { Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer
    volutpat tincidunt libero, a malesuada sapien scelerisque sed.
    Phasellus sed placerat est. Mauris fringilla dignissim nulla.
    Cras vitae elit a tellus egestas aliquam. }
}
%%%%

While \center-column will take care of aligning the individual markups from \wordwrap-lines, it is the use of \fill-line that will ensure the overall markup is centered on the page.

-- Aaron Hill