Re: Table of Contents in Two Columns?

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Table of Contents in Two Columns?
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 23:05:01 +0100

On 01.11.19 22:33, Solomon Foster wrote:
Any hints how to do this?  I've got to say, at this point I feel like not really understanding markup / markuplist is my major obstacle to getting things done.  I can't even tell in this is a simple problem I'm asking or a subtle and difficult one.

Unfortunately the latter. LilyPond isn’t equipped for that kind of text processing; while markuplist can be used for pagebreakable markup, there is no way of directing it into columns other than hard-coding breaks, splitting it up and using \line or \table markup (list) commands.

Your best bet to actually do this would be modifying paper size and/or line-width for the book-part or book in which you have the TOC and using external tools to produce the two-column layout.

Best, Simon