Re: lost in trying to fine oll-core and or package.ily

From: Freeman Gilmore
Subject: Re: lost in trying to fine oll-core and or package.ily
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 00:17:06 -0400

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 7:16 PM Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:
Simon has already given a very clear answer, but I want to add some more examples that may help you understanding the context and a part of your question that may not be fully covered yet.
The following is making it clear, i have 5 questions below.

Say you have a document
  C:\myscores\alleluja.ly
which contains a line
  \include "my-config.ily"
(note that the file extensions are not significant but only *conventions*, .ly typically indication LilyPond documents and .ily *i*nclude ly files)

If you navigate to C:\myscores and compile this file using
  lilypond-windows.exe alleluja.ly
LilyPond will look for the file my-config.ily first in the directory of the main file (C:\myscores) and then in some directories in the LilyPond installation itself.

However, if you compile using
  lilypond-windows.exe -I C:\my-lilypond-library alleluja.ly
then LilyPond will *additionally* look for the include file in the directory C:\my-lilypond-library.

If the \include statement references not simply a file but a relative path then the include file will be looked for in all item of the search path:
  \include "lyriclib/hymns.ily"
would then find files like
  C:\myscores\lyriclib\hymns.ily
  C.\my-lilypons-library\lyriclib\hymns.ily

1, Why would you do this?

2, What stops you from searching the whole file system?

  This is how openLilyLib is loaded. If you have oll-core stored so that
  C:\openLilyLib\oll-core\package.ily
  is a file and call LilyPond with
  lilypond-windows.exe -I C:\openLilyLib alleluja.ly
  then
  \include "oll-core/package.ily"
  will find the file because the search path C:\openLilyLib plus the relative path given in the \include statement "oll-
  core/package.ily" will be joined to C:\openLilyLib\oll-core\package.ily

1, Using the include: \include “C:\openLilyLib\oll-core\package.ily” in alleluja.ly .   Would lilypond-    windows.exe  alleluja.ly work?

2, If not, why?

3,Before you stated “Then you need to add C:\openLilyLib to LilyPond’s search path”; is this what you mean:   lilypond-windows.exe -I C:\openLilyLib alleluja.ly

Thank you, ƒg

HTH
Urs