Re: Horizontal spacing bug?

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Horizontal spacing bug?
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 09:55:58 -0500

On Thu 03 Oct 2019 at 14:15:56 (+0200), Pierre Perol-Schneider wrote:
> Please consider these two staves:
> %%%
[ … 26ll snipped … ]
>     fis es' c' d' fis }
>   \repeat percent 2 {
>     aes,!
>     -\tweak extra-offset #'(-2.05 . 3.5)
>     _\markup\with-color #red {
>       \with-dimensions-from \null
>       \override #'(on . 0.3)\override #'(off . 0.1)\override #'(thickness .
> 2)
>       \concat {
>         \draw-dashed-line #'(0 . -5)
>         \hspace #.7
>         \draw-dashed-line #'(0 . -5)
>       }
>     }
>     fis es' c' d' fis
[ … ]

> I find the last measure natural sign on Staff #2 optically misplaced (see
> line #52 what I was expecting for).
> 1) Is it a -- known? -- bug?
> 2) If not, would you consider this alignment as traditionally correct?

I progressively lowered your aes,! above to ges,! and then f,! at
which point the natural moved to the left, just like the measure below
it in the second stave. Isn't this merely because the top of the
natural sign is now clear of the bottom of the barline, so there's
room to print it further left.

(As an aside, it amuses me to read the posts from people who want their
scores' x-axes treated precisely like graph paper, with strict
proportional spacing. Surely this means that the first note of each
measure should overprint the barline.)

Cheers,
David.