Re: Polyrythmic Align Bars

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Polyrythmic Align Bars
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 16:17:46 +0200

      \time 6/8
      \cadenzaOn
      g'4. e~ \bar "|"
      e2 e8[ fis] \bar "|"
      \cadenzaOff

Pierre

Le lun. 16 sept. 2019 à 15:38, <address@hidden> a écrit :

Hi all,

I’m not sure if what I’m trying to do is possible, but my problem is the following:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\version "2.19.83"

\layout {

  \context {

    \Score

    \remove "Timing_translator"

    \remove "Default_bar_line_engraver"

  }

  \context {

    \Staff

    \consists "Timing_translator"

    \consists "Default_bar_line_engraver"

\relative c'' <<

  \new Staff {

      \time 4/4

      e,,8 e g fis16 e8. e8  g fis |

  }

  \new Staff {

    \time 6/8

    g'4. e~ |

    e2 e8 fis |

  }

The 4/4-Bar needs to be played over the duration of the two 6/8-Bars and I want it to realign afterwards to continue both voices with a 6/8 time.

The 4/4-Part would need to have a different tempo, because if both play at the same tempo, they won’t align.

It is probably harder to write this down than to actually play it, but this should be the easiest way to notate this without using tons of tuplets.

Is something like this possible?

Thanks in advance