removing dynamics [only] from quoted music

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: removing dynamics [only] from quoted music
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2019 14:23:50 -0400

Hi all,

Please consider the following snippet/MWE:

%%%%  MWE BEGINS
\version "2.19.83"

original = { \once \phrasingSlurDashed c'2\f\>\( c'\!\) }
\addQuote "orig" \original

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff \original
    \new Staff { \quoteDuring #"orig" { s1 } }

  \layout {
    \context {
      \Score
      %quotedEventTypes = #'(note-event rest-event tie-event beam-event
tuplet-span-event phrasing-slur-event)
%%%%  MWE ENDS

1. I want to *remove* dynamics (text and hairpins) from the quoted event types
without affecting other items. Can this be done simply (i.e., without
rebuilding the entire set of quoted event types)?

2. If you uncomment the quotedEventTypes setting line, note that the
\phrasingSlurDashed is not observed in the quote. What event would I need to
add in order to make that tweak work as expected?

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info