Re: Trouble with Triplets (Corrected)

From: Stefano Antonelli
Subject: Re: Trouble with Triplets (Corrected)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 23:29:46 -0700

On Thu, 2019-08-29 at 21:16 +0100, Timothy Lanfear wrote:
> On 29/08/2019 20:57, Stefano Antonelli wrote:
> > I feel that it should be possible to scale "something" in lilypond
> > do the same thing, but I haven't figured that out yet.
> >
> Increasing the paper width will achieve what you want, if I
> understand
> your requirement correctly.
>
> \paper {
>    #(set-paper-size "a3")
>    indent = 0
>    left-margin = 5\mm
>    line-width=#287
>    ragged-right = ##f
>    ragged-bottom = ##t
> }
>
> Alternatively, reduce the font size
>
> \paper {
>    #(set-paper-size "a4")
>    #(layout-set-staff-size 13.0)
>    indent = 0
>    left-margin = 5\mm
>    line-width=#200
>    ragged-right = ##f
>    ragged-bottom = ##t
> }

The "#(layout-set-staff-size 13.0)" line scales everything which is
what I want and something that didn't work in previous tests.  Not sure
what I was doing wrong, but thank you for that.

Changing the paper size is not having the effect it should.  I think
it's because ragged-right is off?  It seems as though the line is just
being scaled as the paper grows.  At some point I'll want to understand
what's going on, but the staff-size change does what I need for now.

Thanks,
Stef