crossplatform Python script for point-and-click

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: crossplatform Python script for point-and-click
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 11:02:15 +0200

Hi folks

I remember that some time ago a user in this list shared a Python script to get point-and-click working on Windows and probably other operating systems. I can't remember his name, as I think he writes very seldomly in this list. I've searched the archive but I cannot find it.

I found only a Python script shared by Mark Knoop, but that's for Linux only:
https://github.com/markk/textedit-ly

I'm asking because I've struggled a lot to make point-and-click work on Windows and Mac while writing a blog post for lilypondblog.org, but eventually gave up because the Scheme script works only with certain settings. I can't remember now, but I think system variables worked only if defined in the OS and not within the script, at least in Windows. Details don't matter here. In general I think that a Python script would probably work better crossplatform and that would be consistent with the rest of the lilypond utility scripts.

Thanks in advance
Federico