Re: compressMMRests again

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: compressMMRests again
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2019 12:59:55 +0200

On 01.08.19 11:29, David Kastrup wrote:
Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> writes:

Hello everybody,

I don’t understand why the MMR is only compressed before the rehearsal
mark, but not after it:

\compressMMRests \context Voice <<
   { R1*4 }
   { s1*2 \mark\default s }
How do I make both sides get compressed?
{ R1*2 R1*2 }

Not sure what is happening here.

Yeah, that’s what was weirding me out as well. Should I open a tracker issue?

But thanks for the prod. I had noticed that it worked with MMRs instead of skips, but thought it weren’t feasible to use them since it’s a global timing variable common to all parts. However, I can apply that timing variable inside of NullVoices and thus not print the rests. So I have a solution for my use case now.

Best, Simon