Subdividing beams

From: William Zeitler
Subject: Subdividing beams
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 13:38:11 -0700

How would I subdivide tuplets, so the triples are grouped together like:

===-===-===

(I want to do this inside a cadenza if that makes a difference)

\version "2.18.2"
\relative c' {
  \time 1/4
  \cadenzaOn
  \tuplet 9/8 { c'16[ d c b c b a b a] }
  \cadenzaOff
}

Many thanks!

William Zeitler

On 7/27/19 12:44, David Kastrup wrote:
David Wright <address@hidden> writes:

On Sat 27 Jul 2019 at 18:57:35 (+0200), David Kastrup wrote:
David Wright <address@hidden> writes:
On Sat 27 Jul 2019 at 11:32:58 (+0100), Wols Lists wrote:
On 26/07/19 12:23, Peter Toye wrote:
Thanks very much for all the suggestions. I had asked for an _easy_ way!
Also, I'm not 100% fussed about the exact layout as it's only for an
example.
Just a thought ... can't lily chuck out png's? I've never used it, but
if it can chuck out one png per line it'll cost a little bit of effort
to assemble it in your word processor of choice, but you could import
them, and then put the text between the lines.
I would advise against that because PNGs are rastered. The hint is in
the name: portable-Network-graphics.
Uh, what in the name indicates rasterisation?
Perhaps I was a little oblique: "Network" indicates that the format is
designed for transfer of images over the network, rather than between
local applications.
PDF is a compressed and limited form of PostScript that also allows for
compressing whole objects.  It supports vectorised as well as rasterised
objects comparatively effectively and is used a tiny bit on networks.

I'm not overconcerned whether people see this as a hint not to use
PNGs in this workflow. But I assume you're not supporting their use,
are you.
I have no idea who "you" is supposed in that context and what "support"
is supposed to mean.