LilyPond 2.20 or 2.21 on Ubuntu 18.04

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: LilyPond 2.20 or 2.21 on Ubuntu 18.04
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 08:37:23 -0400

Greetings -

I'm running LilyPond 2.19.81 with Frescobaldi 3.0.0 under Ubuntu 18.04.2.

Has any progress been made in making a process available to install LilyPond 2.20 or 2.21 on Ubuntu 18.04? Back in March of this year (2019), there was a brief discussion about installing Guile 1.8 on Ubuntu 18.04, so that ly 2.20 could run. I tried to follow the suggestions, but was unsuccessful. If someone would be willing to work with me, perhaps off-list, and we were successful, maybe we could post a working process to enable others to install and use ly 2.20.

All the best,

Ralph

--
Ralph Palmer