A spacing problem

From: Robert Blackstone
Subject: A spacing problem
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2019 13:45:40 +0200

Dear all,

Presently I’m vainly struggling with a nasty spacing problem: an empty fragment of a new bar sticking out of the last bar of a system.
Dear all,

Presently I’m vainly struggling with a nasty spacing problem: an empty fragment of a new bar sticking out of the last bar of a system.
In the piece I’ve been working on it happens 4 times. (See screenshots)
I have carefully checked the note durations in each bar and there seems to be nothing wrong with any of them.

What can I do to avoid or remedy this?

I’ll be very grateful for any advice.

Best regards,
Robert Blackstone

NB in the third screenshot with the text “ohi-me v’apri”, the  b-flat in the bass belongs to a separate voice. (<< {\stemDown as,2 des2 }  \\ {s2. \stemUp bes4  } >> |%P2V1-30}