Re: Can't get bar numbers to show up

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Can't get bar numbers to show up
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 22:48:30 +0200

On 11.06.19 21:47, William Zeitler wrote:

In fact, the example does everything I want, except I can't figure out how to get bar numbers to show up! Ideally one per bar at the top, but a bar number at the beginning of each system would be almost as good!

No problem, just modify the definition of the top staff like this:

scoreAViolinIPart = \new Staff \with {
  \consists "Bar_number_engraver"
  \override BarNumber.break-visibility = ##(#t #t #t)
  instrumentName = "Violin I"
  midiInstrument = "violin"
} \scoreAViolinI

The break-visibility override is described in NR 1.2.5.

Best, Simon