Re: bug in lyric syllable magnetic snap

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: bug in lyric syllable magnetic snap
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 15:48:17 +0200

Am Mo., 27. Mai 2019 um 22:34 Uhr schrieb Thomas Morley
<address@hidden>:

> Am Mo., 27. Mai 2019 um 10:40 Uhr schrieb Alexander Kobel <address@hidden>:
>
> > unless I additionally engage
> >    http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=1090
> > to replace Lily's built-in hyphens by the "proper" Lyric's font hyphens;
> > then it breaks again.
> >
> > I did not have a very close look yet; I thought replacing ly:stencil? by
> > (not ly:stencil-empty?) might help, but that's not it. I'll give it
> > another shot as soon as time permits.
>
> Instead of doing:
> (filter
>   (lambda (hyphen)
>     (ly:stencil? (ly:grob-property hyphen 'stencil)))
>   hyphen-grobs)
>
> It works with
> (cdr hyphen-grobs)

Withdrawn, it's wrong!

Though, the problem is a possible LyricHyphen at line-start.
Tbh, I don't understand how LilyPond works in this regard.

For a broken LyricHyphen there sometimes seems to be a LyricHyphen at
line start, sometimes not.
Though, it's never printed, even if 'after-line-breaking is unset. Per
default 'after-line-breaking is set to
ly:spanner::kill-zero-spanned-time, which usually warrants that a
spanner is _not_ printed at line-begin. Unsetting it should have a
spanner be printed. So it works with glissandi.

I think here's something fishy ...

Well, I then switched to brute-force, i.e. always throw away all
line-starting LyricHyphens

Seems to work, see attached revised file.

Cheers,
  Harm