Re: How to write notes for drums?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: How to write notes for drums?
Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 10:10:36 +0200

Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> writes:

> Sadly, we are not all comprehensive polyglots.
>
> I could not refer to our new friend by name as I could not figure it out.

Well, From: Данил Костенков <address@hidden> would suggest
Danil to be a reasonably good guess.  I find that just knowing the
alphabet brings a lot of Russian into familiarity enough that I can
figure out what good amounts in my spam filter try selling me.

It tends to work better than Greek (which has similar letters) for me in
that respect.  In contrast, most other languages with different alphabet
are hopeless (Yiddish is cheating since it uses Hebrew letters for
transliterating what amounts to a German dialect with a long separate
history).

--
David Kastrup