On Frescobaldi

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: On Frescobaldi
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 12:31:54 +1000

Dear Urs,

On a different tack altogether, with the oll work, you have a usage file and a module.ily, so two files. In my Frescobaldi 3 on a brand new Ubuntu 19 installation (the latest release as of last week) it still shows the problem I mentioned a while ago where the output PDF is not updated after changes. This slowed me down a lot as I could not understand why my outline list code was not working. Reverting to my tried and true Gvim and PDF point and click works perfectly.  Previously I worked around this by putting all the work in one file.

I'd like to file a bug report on, this, but I can't see a simple way to reprpduce the problem.

Sounds like a really hard issue to me. I am very sorry to tell you that with the huge slowdown I see in my complex scores - metioned in the past as you know - and with this non-updating issue, I myself can no longer use Frescobaldi. it's a shame, as it is such a brilliant development environment.

Hmm. What to do? I would not know how to solve this, even though I know Python very well.

[I wonder if this is some sort of a buig with the PDF display not updating, perhaps some poppler file modification time issue?]