Re: midiExpression in voices with Staff_performer

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: midiExpression in voices with Staff_performer
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 16:18:37 +0000

On 4/15/19, 3:36 PM, "Leo Correia de Verdier" <address@hidden> wrote:

    Dear list!

    Can any of you check this for possible mistakes so I can rule out myself as
source of error before I send it in as a bug report?

    Love
    /Leo

    > 11 feb. 2019 kl. 11:14 skrev Leo Correia de Verdier <address@hidden>:
    >
    > Dear list!
    >
    > I’m trying to add different midiExpressions to a staff with two voices on
different midi channels. The problem I have is that \set midiExpression only
seems to work if placed before the first note of a voice. Subsequent \set-s
don’t appear in the output midi file. The following \set midiExpression works
as long as Staff_performer is in its original place in the staff context, but I
can’t get it to work with it moved to Voice. I still think it is something I’m
doing wrong, but it might be a bug.

    > \version "2.19.82"
    > \score {
    >  \new Staff <<
    >    \new Voice \relative c''' {
    >      \set midiExpression = #.1
    >      \voiceOne
    >      g1
    >      \set midiExpression = #.4 %this doesn't make it to the output midi
file
Have you tried \set Voice.midiExpression?

Carl