Re: LilyDev

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: LilyDev
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 08:45:10 +0200

Il giorno mer 10 apr 2019 alle 20:30, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> ha scritto:

From: Federico Bruni <address@hidden>
Date: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 at 9:33 AM
To: Jacques Menu <address@hidden>
Cc: LilyPond Users <address@hidden>

Yes, correct.

I guess I forgot about the previous version numbering when I changed the repository and the software to build the images.

Lately I was thinking about following LilyPond devel release numbers.

Do you think it might be a good or a bad idea?

So next release might be LilyDev 2.19.83.

I donÿt think itÿs a good idea to have LilyDev follow the LilyPond release numbers.  There is nothing that ties LilyDev to a particular LilyPond release (Iÿm still happily using LilyDev 4 to build LilyPond 2.21.0).

I think I agree with you.
LilyPond dependencies and build setup are very stable. You probably had to install only extractpdfmark in LilyDev 4.

The two are different software packages and should have their own release numbers, IMO.