Re: divisi music for one measure

From: N. Andrew Walsh
Subject: Re: divisi music for one measure
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 10:56:40 +0200

Hi Valentin, List,

now a follow-up: you see that there's a phrasing slur that begins in Bar 4 and ends on a tied note in Bar 8. How can I keep this phrasing slur where it is, when the lyrics in both voices terminate on a note tied to that f4. in Bar 8? I either get errors about unterminated hyphens or unterminated phrasing slurs.

Thanks for the help,

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 9:55 PM N. Andrew Walsh <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Valentin,

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 6:10 PM Valentin Villenave <address@hidden> wrote:
On 4/4/19, N. Andrew Walsh <address@hidden> wrote:
> how do I ensure that only the lyrics in \altvocoLyricsSop get
> attached to it, then resume following \voceMusicSop afterwards?

You can \set the associatedVoice property to another Voice’s name
whenever you want; see
http://lilypond.org/doc/latest/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-vocal-music#aligning-lyrics-to-a-melody

Good luck!

That's exactly what I needed. Thanks so much!