Piano pedaling with events in both hands

From: Joseph Austin
Subject: Piano pedaling with events in both hands
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2019 13:17:29 -0500

I'm working on a piano score (from a lesson book) in which the pedaling points
are split between RH and LH parts.
In the example measure 1, the Pedal occurs on RH quarter beats with no LH note,
but in meausre 2 it occurs on LH quarter-beats with no RH note.
Furthermore, I'm getting two separate pedal lines.
It seems the RH and LH pedaling should be merged in a piano staff, but I don't
know how to specify this.