Re: Gap between stem and cross noteheads

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Gap between stem and cross noteheads
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 22:58:52 +0100

Am Do., 21. Feb. 2019 um 17:53 Uhr schrieb Vaylor Trucks <address@hidden>:

> When I use a staff size larger than 20, I get a gap between the stem and the
> cross notehead, like for the ride cymbal in a drum score. Any way to correct
> this?
>
> \version "2.19.82"
> #(set-global-staff-size 23)
> up = \drummode { \stemUp cymr4 }
> \score { << \new DrumStaff << \up >> >> }

Hi,

looks like a bug to me, please report on the bug-list.

For now you could try to specify 'stem-attachment yourself if style is 'cross.
Below I always provide the values for global-staff-size 20.
Seems to work in my (limited) tests:

\version "2.19.82"

#(set-global-staff-size 23)

foo =
\override NoteHead.stem-attachment =
  #(lambda (grob)
    (if (eq? (ly:grob-property grob 'style) 'cross)
       '(1.0 . 0.788603386397164)
       (ly:note-head::calc-stem-attachment grob)))

\drums { \foo \stemUp cymr4 }

Cheers,
  Harm