Re: Quarter tone sharp symbol in font

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: Quarter tone sharp symbol in font
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 13:14:26 -0700

Andrew,

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 1:53 AM Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> wrote:
Thank you Pierre. That also solves my problem in my code where these is too much space between the letter and the semisharp.

Appreciated!

Andrew

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 at 19:14, Pierre Perol-Schneider <address@hidden> wrote:

How about:

{
  dih''''4
  ^\markup\concat\vcenter { "D" \hspace #.2 \semisharp }
}

It is useful to note that you can access any music glyph by name, as explained here:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/the-emmentaler-font

In your case, this is done with the following:

\markup { \musicglyph "accidentals.sharp.slashslash.stem" }

It's arguably shorter to just use the pre-constructed \semisharp syntax, but there isn't a shortcut for everything, so accessing them by name is always an option.

Best,
Abraham

Best,
Abraham